Saturday, June 14, 2008

Parenting

We were at the church for interviews on Wednesday. Aubrey and Connor rode their bikes and were already on the way home. I told Alli she could ride her scooter home while Sean walked. I had the van so I had to drive home. Sean didn't realize that I told Alli she could ride her scooter and simply told her to get in the van. She came STOMPING out to the van and this is how the conversation went...

Me: Alli, what's wrong?

Alli: I'M SO MAD

Me: What happened?

Alli: I'M NOT TALKING (as she stomped around to her side of the van)

All I could do was laugh as Sean walked out. I told him what I just saw and asked what happened. He said "I just asked her to get in the van". At this point Alli had begrudgingly got in her seat and buckled her seat belt and jammed her thumb in her mouth. So we opened the door and explained that it was just a mix up. That did the trick and she was magically happy. She popped out of her seat said "Mom, I'm going with Dad, it will be ok, you drive with Olivia and I will see you at home, ok?". As if I didn't know what the plan was. Silly Alli.

I have a funnier story that isn't appropriate for public display feel free to ask me in person. Alli is a very clever girl!

0 comments: