Monday, August 18, 2008

ahhhhhh (sigh of relief)

Alpine Coaster



Alpine Slide



So Sean and I did go out for our anniversary on Saturday not too late...usually it takes us months to catch up on important dates we miss. Anyway, we went to Park City and went up to the resort where they have a ton of activities. First off we got a late start b/c I wasn't fully recovered, health wise, from Thursday. I wanted to drop the kids off by 11 am but we didn't leave the house until 2:30, not bad considering we knew we wouldn't be back until late. We got to the mountain and decided to ride the Alpine Slide and Alpine Coaster. I had the ambitious idea of mountain biking but considering the late start we opted out. Once we were there we decided that we would tackle mtn. biking next time, it looked like so much fun. I was so excited to get my adrenaline pumping. Once upon a time I was quite the dare-devil. I needed this away time SO badly. This summer has been so challenging and an emotional roller-coaster so a real coaster was a great way to just get it all out. For a moment we considered going to Lagoon, but once I realized this would probably be one of the busiest days since school started we went back to plan A. It was nice to get away from the kid responsibility for a while and be out of mommy mode. I was me, and with my husband...who I still love! We committed to do something exciting together every three months. There is something different about going out and doing something fun and exciting and doing something other than dinner and a movie. Although before that I really want to go back and do the Ziprider. I need a little more excitement in my life! I learned that we don't have to go away over night every time to get away (we really couldn't afford it this year anyway). Sometimes it can be enough just to go and do something different than the norm. Anyway, our anniversary was saved after all!

2 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

I went there not too long ago, it was BLAST!!!!!

Timani said...

Hip-hip-horray! Looks like fun and glad you enjoyed!