Sunday, August 3, 2008

Connor's Baptism

Wow, I can't believe I haven't done this blog yet! So a month go Saturday my baby boy (who is old enough to reject this title) was Baptized and confirmed as a member of our church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The whole event was wonderful although more stressful than I would like to admit. The stress was due mostly to the unknown factors. Since Connor is our first to participate in this sacred ordinance I wasn't exactly sure how to plan. My main concern was for him. I wanted Connor to know of the commitment he was making and I wanted him to take it seriously. Which to me seemed nearly impossible, however I have learned from past experiences, especially with Connor, I need to have more faith in the abilities of my son. Connor really is a special child of God with a kind heart and a loving and innocent spirit. He might go to school with the goal of becoming the "class clown" (a high honor to a rambunctious boy) or lie in his bed and come up with such grand ideas as giant spit wads. I know deep down (sometimes not as deep as others) Connor is amazing. I know that many of the "talents" I work on reining back in this growing boy (independence, humor, invention, strength and undying courage) will one day make him the amazing man he is destined to be. His baptism was just the beginning. Today he came home and proudly announced that he was asked to give a talk in Primary (the children's Sunday school) at the last minute. Since he obviously didn't have time to prepare anything he bore his testimony. All on his own. I was so proud that he would happily oblige and that he was proud of what he did.

Thank you Aunt Laura, Uncle Jim and Grammi for traveling so far to show your love and support!

0 comments: